Floating Dock Ballots due Friday, October 24, 2014
Your vote as a CSA unit owner is important! Return your Floating Dock ballot to your Advisory Board Voting Member no later than Friday, October 24, 2014. For more information check the mail packet that was mailed to all unit owners. Or click Floating Dock Letter Sep 10 2014.
Awards Given at CSA Board Meeting
At the October 16, 2014 CSA Board Meeting, Francis French from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary presented to Bouchelle Island CSA and Deb Kreinest certificates of appreciation for outstanding cooperation and assistance in furthering the purposes of the USCGA including sponsoring boater safety courses on the Island.
A 12 unit, two story building is being constructed next to 406 Bouchelle Drive. The design will be similar to the buildings in the area. We have been told it will be completed by the end of the year.
Servello Out -- Vallet Crest In
Starting September 1st we will be welcoming ” Valley Crest” our new landscape company on Bouchelle Island. We look forward to adding them to our team. Feel free to say hello if you see them.
The meeting of the CSA Board and Advisory Council, scheduled for Thursday, July 10, 2014,has been cancelled.
CSA Board Executive Session Cancelled
The executive session meeting of the CSA Board scheduled for today, July 8, 2014, has been cancelled on advice of attorney.
CSA Board Executive Session
The CSA Board of Directors will meet in executive session at 1:00 p.m. on July 8, 2014 in the Clubhouse Library. There is one item on the agenda: Conference Call with Attorney. This meeting is not open to the public.
Special CSA Board Meeting Called
There will be a special meeting of the CSA Board of Directors at 10:00 am on Thursday, June 26, 2014 at the clubhouse. The two items on the agenda are:
Discuss and consider Advisory Board member meeting on July 10th, 2014
Discuss and consider the heating of the small pool
Golf Course Closed For Three Weeks
It is that time of the year when the golf course gets some annual treatments. For the next three weeks the course will be closed so that sanding and aeration can be performed. Other improvements are being contemplated for later in the summer. We hope this temporary inconvenience will allow the course to be put in better shape. Thanks for your understanding.
Some Notes on April CSA Board Meeting
At the CSA Board meeting on April 10, 2014 the Board received written committee reports, took actions, and listened to a presentation by Walt Franek on parking. See the minutes, when posted, for a more complete report. Following are some highlights of the meeting:
- Approved two procedural documents regarding “Task Force Projects” and “Estimates and Bids.”
- Awarded a bid for small pool roof replacement.
- Approved new clubhouse outdoor lighting that should improve safety and well as making it more attractive.
- Agreed to change the names of all committees except the Architecture Committee to “Task Force.”
- Added a Golf Course Advisory Task Force and a Security Task Force.
- Approved making the CSA CAM an ex-officio member of all committees and task forces.
- Approved six regular CSA meetings per year: in February, March, April, October, November, and December.
- Recommended that the board request an opinion from the attorney re the floating dock.
- Requested that the chair of each task force submit a specific charge for the task force and an updated list of members.
Board Members Elected
The results of the election of CSA Board members, announced at the annual meeting today, are as follows:
Bob Dunham 469 elected to a three-year term
Roy Einreinhofer 471 elected to a three-year term
Nancy Murphy 410 elected to a three-year term
Rusty Saunders 367 elected to a one-year term
William St. James 286
The newly reorganized board elected the following officers for the year:
President: Roy Einreinhofer
Vice President: Bob Dunham
Treasurer: Ed Dabrowski
Assistant Treasurer: Pat O'Leary
Secretary: Nancy Murphy
Breaker Panels Being Removed
This morning Antinori Construction began the BPA Removal Mobilization. Removal of these breakwater panels will alleviate the noise heard by neighbors near Buildings 442 and 444.The pictures below were taken today as the project began. UPDATE: All of the panels that were scheduled to be removed have been removed.
Bouchelle TV Channel
The NEW cable channel for the Magic box system for Bouchelle is channel 732
Some Notes on the February CSA Board Meeting
At the CSA Board meeting on February 13, 2014 the Board heard committee reports, took actions, and listened to a presentation by each of the candidates running for Board positions. See the minutes, when posted, for a more complete report. Following are some highlights of the meeting:
- Approved policies on Flag Poles at Individual Buildings, Spa/Pool Heating, Clubhouse/Pool Key System, Island CCTV, Clubhouse, and Benches. Tabled a policy proposal on employment.
- Approved up to $600 to improve the BBQ at the large pool.
- Manager reported:
- that the work on parking areas is being temporarily delayed until there are fewer autos.
- designated breakwater panels will be removed on or before March 1
CSA 2014 Candidates
There are 5 candidates running for 4 positions on the CSA Board of Directors. The three candidates receiving the highest number of votes will receive three-year terms; the fourth highest will receive a one-year term. Their names, in alphabetical order, are:
- Bob Dunham 448/302
- Roy Einreinhofer 434/304
- Nancy Murphy 460/104
- Rusty Saunders 426/303
- William Saint James 460/204
Click here for the background of each candidate. The candidates also will be invited to a “meet the candidates” opportunity to be held at the February 13th CSA meeting.
Election ballots will be sent out soon with instructions for their return.
We Need Your Help
As good citizens of Bouchelle we need to remember and follow rules that help us maintain a clean and safe neighborhood. Please let this serve as a reminder to all of us.
• When purchasing large items such a washers, refrigerators, etc. old ones should NOT be placed in the dumpsters or dumpster area. We should ask the vendor who delivers the new item to also remove the old ones. If that is not possible then the owner should call Waste Pro (386-424-1850).
• When remodeling work is being done on our condos, all removed materials should be hauled away by the vendor, preferably each day.
• When disposing of recycled materials, please make sure you use the correct container (which are clearly marked).
Thanks for your assistance!
Deadline for Board Candidates Approaches
The election to fill vacancies on the CSA Board of Directors will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 15, 2014.
Any unit owner desiring to be a candidate for the CSA Board of Directors shall give written notice to the Secretary of CSA on or before January 31, 2014.
This year there are four vacancies. Three are for 3-year terms and one is for a one-year term.
Advisory Council Took Action
On Thursday, December 12 the Advisory Council met with the CSA Board to take action on four items:
- APPROVED rollover of excess 2013 funds
- APPROVED funding reserves at 100%
- APPROVED full audit for 2013
- DID NOT APPROVE combining reserve accounts
Boat Inspection and Safety Course
Walt Franek has arranged for a Boat Inspection and Safety Course at Bouchelle. Click here for more information.
Social Committee Announces Events for the Season
Claudia Franek, chair of the social committee has announced the events for this season. Click here for the list of events.
CSA Board Notes 11-14-13
The CSA Board of Directors met yesterday and approved the budget for 2014 with no increase of fees. It also approved a meeting of the Advisory Council for December 12, 2013 to consider four financial items.
The Board agreed to a plan to resolve the proposed floating dock proposal. The Dock and Boat Storage Committee is to send the Property Manager a specific description of the desired floating dock within a week. The Property Manager is authorized to spend up to $4000 to obtain a set of engineering drawings and put it out for bid. The Property Manager will then submit the bids to the Board with a recommendation. When the Board has agreed on a specific recommendation, it will then ask the Advisory Council to consider. All of this is to be done as expeditiously as possible.
In other action, the Board delayed action on the Point buildings resurfacing or repaving, decided to make the bridge from 466 to DiMucci lot as safe as possible for now but not to replace until more information is obtained, and announced that the DiMucci lot near 466 can NOT be used by Bouchelle owners or CSA.
For more information see the minutes when published.
New Directory is Available
The Bouchelle Directory has been updated and printed and is available now in the CSA offfice. Owners may pick up a copy at no charge. If a binder is needed, it may be obtained for $3.00.
The Directory has also been put on this web site and is available for registered users. Congratulations to those who made this possible.
G & B Task Force Improves Beauty of Bouchelle
The Grounds and Beautification Task Force has been very active this past summer improving the looks of Bouchelle. At the past meeting of the Board of Directors, Judy Dabrowski reported on the accomplishments of her group.
- The Timber Replacement Project has completed 6 buildings, as planned, and has 2 more in progress.
- To date, 1690 new colorful plants and shrubs have been added.
- 10 palm trees have been added or replaced.
- Oak trees have been trimmed.
- Mulch has been replaced in tree wells and beds.
- Golf course has added needed sod.
All of this had been done, under budget, and Judy says that they will NOT exceed the budget established for 2013.
A sample of the additional plantings can be seen in the following "before and after" pictures of the area between the clubhouse and hole 18 on the golf course.
Picnic Area Gets a Serving Table
At the August meeting the CSA Board approved the installation of a serving table near the grill. This covered table, together with the grill, will be assets to the Boat Yard picnics and informal socializing. See pics below. Thanks to all who made this possible.
G&B Task Force Adds Beauty
The Grounds and Beautification Task Force has been very busy this summer planning and overseeing several projects. They have attempted to improve the attractiveness of areas visible to all and have stayed within the G&B budget.
For a look at before and after pictures click on one or more of the following projects:
The community thanks all involved for helping to make Bouchelle look good!!
Bouchelle Island Library
As most of you are aware, our library in the Clubhouse has grown dramatically over the past few years. We want to thank our volunteer librarian, Bettye Schubert and her assistants for the great work they do in keeping the library organized and easy to use.
Over the past few weeks, however, the library seems to have become a dumping ground for all types of unwanted printed materials. Old text books, lesson plans, and other assorted materials that have no general use have been dropped off causing Bettye to have to sort through it all before discarding it. We would like to ask your cooperation in limiting what you drop off to only books and DVDs that truly are of general interest.
If you have other printed materials that you think might be of use to someone, we suggest you contact the New Smyrna Library to see if they might have a need for them. Thanks for your cooperation.
New BBQ Gets Initiated at Picnic
The newly built BBQ Grill was initiated during the Annual Boatyard Picnic last Saturday. Hamburgers, hotdogs, and sausage never tasted so good. Built by John Clapp it fits perfectly in the boatyard. Our thanks to John and to those who helped.
Also on display during the picnic was a new “platform” used by the band. This was made by volunteers using slates leftover from another project. Thanks to all who made these two new additions possible!
Timber Replacement Project Underway
As part of the 2013 approved Grounds and Beautification Plan the project to replace rotten timbers and replace with pavers has begun. At this time the first building (460) is complete. It would appear at this time that we can complete the next three buildings and perhaps more. The next three in line are 446, 456, and 462.
New System to Replace Rental Book
Since the Rental Book was taken from the Clubhouse it has been agreed to replace the book with periodic listings (single sheets similar to the calendar) of “for sale” or “rent” and “rental wanted.” These will eventually be listed on the web site (www.Bouchelle.com).
CSA is providing this as a service to our residents and bears no responsibility for correctness of listings and will not act as a broker or rental agency. All transactions are on a person-to-person basis. We will publish the updated list at least monthly.
Please submit the completed form to the CSA office. We will add your listing to the forms that will be available at the Clubhouse. If you are looking to rent a unit, just fill out what you want in the way of bedrooms and baths, the dates you are looking for, and any other information you feel necessary. Unit owners will contact you directly.
Notes From April CSA Board Meeting
The official minutes are not yet ready but here are some notes on the CSA Board April meeting:
- President Roy Einreinhofer represented Bouchelle at a recent Neighborhood Council meeting and recommended consideration of a traffic light at one of the Bouchelle entrances.
- The BBQ grill is almost finished and will be ready for the Boatyard picnic.
- The bridge at 466 is being examined for safety and bids will be obtained.
- Authorized the Grounds & Beautification to deviate from a board action of December 2012 by allowing it to use existing stone instead of tiles in the splash ares and to replace only those shrubs or polants that professionals recommend to be replaced.
- The canoe racks were not done according to specs. and CSA has paid nothing for the project. It was agreed that the manager will work with Dock and Boat Storage representatives to bring the rack up to satisfactory condition.
- Rope fencing will be installed around the stream.
- The broken tiles will be replaced in the large pool at no cost to CSA.
- A recommended solution for the concrete problem near the 466 dumpster will be brought to the CSA Board for action.
- The Coast Guard Auxiliary will conduct a boat safety check on April 13.
- The Dock and Boat Storage committee requested some pavers from storage to use for a platform in the boat yard.
- Racoon problem in the dumpsters seems to have been reolved but management will pursue having side doors on dumpsters.
- A new system for posting units for rent, etc. is being tried.
- President Roy announced that every committee will have a board member as liaison.
Golf Course To Undergo Some Renovations
Those of you who played golf this winter may have noticed that at times the golf course looked as good as it has for a number of years. When low temperatures were traded off for 80+ degree days it was difficult to keep the winter grass green and growing. After careful review it has been decided that some renovations need to be done so that the course will be in better shape the whole year.
The tee areas are almost bare and some will be replaced with new sod. During that time “temporary” tee areas will be located near the permanent areas and provide the opportunity to continue play and also restore the permanent areas. Some greens are badly in need of new turf and approximately six will be redone.
All of this means that beginning in early May some holes will not be available for play for about 4-6 weeks. We hope that this temporary interruption will lead to a better permanent solution. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
From the President
Fri Oct 24 @ 9:00AM
|G & B Mtg.|
Tue Oct 28 @ 9:00AM
Tue Oct 28 @ 1:00PM
Tue Oct 28 @ 7:00PM
|CSA Budget Q&A|
Wed Oct 29 @ 1:00PM
Wed Oct 29 @ 7:00PM
Sat Nov 01 @ 8:30AM
|Daylight saving ends Fall back 1 hour|
Sun Nov 02 @12:00AM
Tue Nov 04 @10:00AM
|Assoc. 6 Annual Meeting|
Wed Nov 05 @10:00AM