Saturday, May 21st.was the first official day of National Safe Boating Week. Mayor Jim Hathaway of NSB accompanied members of the USCG, USCG Aux. and the Sea Tow Foundation to “our” floating dock/boat yard and viewed our recently installed “Loaner Life Jacket” station. It is always a pleasure to have the mayor visit Bouchelle, especially on such a positive occasion.
Some time ago association presidents were asked to submit a plan for parking at their buildings. To date not all associations have submitted a plan. If no association plan is received by the time CSA paints the concrete bumpers, the Manager will follow the default procedures for marking parking spaces. Presidents who have NOT submitted a plan should consult with the Manager, ASAP, regarding timetable and procedures.
At its May meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved the Committees and Task Forces for 2016-17. Click here for the list.
- Approved a “Loaner Life Jacket” facility at the boatyard.
- Reviewed the Emergency Heavy Weather procedures for Bouchelle Island. For a short version click here. For the more complete version, click here.
- Approved the Manager’s proposal for extra security on Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, and Labor Day weekend.
- Authorized the Manager to proceed to develop a plan and timetable, solicit bids, and present a proposal to the Board a future meeting for repair and extension of some wet slips.
- Reviewed procedures for handling violations of rules and regulations. It was agreed that the president and manager should get legal advice before proceeding to levy penalties.
- Agreed that CSA will not assume responsibility for enforcing parking regulations beyond the sticker and hanging tags requirement.
- Decided against proceeding with a formal survey of residents at this time.
- Concurred with the Manager’s default procedure for marking parking bumpers.
Next meeting is scheduled for September 15, 2016.
Recently, there have been issues with recycling. The workers will NOT sort through items. If there are several items in the bin that don’t belong – they will dump it in with the regular trash and all your efforts will be wasted.
Click here for recycling information you should know and follow to help make our efforts more successful.